Claire and I were discussing brownies the other day when she made the unfortunate mistake of substituting applesauce for oil and was disappointed with the results. I get it, she wanted to be healthy, but let’s all be honest with ourselves…if you are eating brownies you are not making a healthy choice. I’m not judging! I can put a hurtin’ on some brownies, and believe you me; I ain’t churchin’ those brownies up with applesauce, pumpkin, black beans, zucchini, or any other weird substitute. In fact, I like to add Oreos and chocolate chips just to make sure they will make my yoga pants a little tighter. They are the gooiest, most delicious brownies that you will ever eat. And because I’m a good friend I will share the recipe with you here. You can thank me later!
Here are the things you will need:
The secret ingredient to these brownies is love and sweat. Put your hands right in the bowl and squish up the cake mix, melted butter, and egg. Then transfer it all to your prepared baking pan and flatten evenly across the bottom of the pan.
Now you can get some aggression out by smashing up your Oreos. Any Oreo package will do! There are so many to choose from. My favorites so far are mint and red velvet Oreos.
Toss the Oreos on top of the cake mix. If you feel like you want/need more Oreos on there, by all means add them! To ensure the Oreos fuse with the cake mix, cover everything with a can of sweetened condensed mix. Now I know you are thinking this is already going to be a decadent treat and you are right, but to top it off go ahead and add a bag of chocolate chips. If you are like me your teeth will hurt after eating one of these, but your heart and soul will thank you.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until cooked through. A double oven makes it easier to bake two batches at once. The more brownies you have the more friends you can make…or enemies if you are not sharing.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or a bottle of wine!
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 14+ Oreo Cookies, broken into bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cake mix, butter, and egg into a large bowl. Mix to combine. You may need to use because it gets thick.
- Press cake mixture into prepared baking pan. Top with broken pieces of cookies.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven.
- After 5 minutes of cooling, run a knife around edges to loosen. This makes it much easier to remove from foil. Let cool completely, remove foil from pan, then cut into squares.
Makes 12 bars